Monday, March 22, 2010

What knowledge have you connected with past knowledge?

I have connected a lot of past concepts and knowledge with the ones we are currently learning. It has been such as long time since I had biology and chemistry that it has been a little surprising what I have connected. I remembered how to number valence electrons, as well as draw an element representing its valence electrons. I have connected prior knowledge about prokaryotes and eukaryote to make sense and connect new knowledge, such as the differences between prokaryotes' and eukaryotes' organelles make for different biochemical reactions I have also connected a lot of new biochemical knowledge with what I learned in college. One of the big topics that connected several things for me was pH and blood values, such as respiratory and metabolic acidosis or alkalosis are diagnosed based on blood gas levels and especially pH values. There have also been a few concepts that both connected past knowledge, but will be important to connect to graduate work, such as cheese makes for a better snack than milk in class because milk contains tryptophan.

No comments:

Post a Comment